Sunday, August 31, 2008

Introducing...lovebugknits!

Shop Name: Lovebugknits

A little about you: I was an elementary school teacher for 5 years, now I am a stay at home mom to two little ones. I started to knit in 2004 and I have been in love with it ever since. Besides knitting I love to cook, crochet, camp, and skydive. Right now my kids are my life, so all that other stuff comes second. I find the time to knit during nap time and after the kids go to bed.

A little about your products: I custom make all my hats from organic cotton. I never follow someone else’s pattern, I have created all my own patterns and designs. When I started my business I wanted to make unique custom items for little ones. I decided to use organic cotton because I wanted my business to reflect my eco-friendly lifestyle and values.


What about the organic mission inspires you? I try to live a natural lifestyle. So I am very excited about the new green movement and everything it involves. Living naturally is very important not just for our environment but for our own health as well. The amount of organic choices that are surfacing is wonderful. I just hope that as my children grow, organic becomes the way of life and that conventional growing methods are a thing of the past.

What's your current project: Currently I am working on creating some knit toys and a couple of sweaters for my kids.

Where your products can be found:
lovebugknits.etsy.com and lovebugknits.com

Blog: lovebugknits.blogspot.com

2 comments:

GreenWorks said...

Loving these interviews!

Great hats lovebug and fantastic designs.

GREEN SPRINGS BODYWORKS said...

Beautiful work, as a fellow knitter I can appreciate the work that goes into your creations. GO ORGANIC!!